Sunday 4 October 2009

It's a start

I suppose I must start somewhere, so here I go. This is new to me, please be patient. A year ago, I was focused on continuing my love of learning languages - French - to start with. Being new to Open University, I did a short course on Nutrition which I passed. After that course, albeit short, I decided to put French on hold.

One thing led to another and I decided to start writing. Do I start a writing course? I visited many websites, until I eventually plucked up the courage to email Flair for Words. A few weeks went by without an answer and I forgot about it, until I received an encouraging personal letter. I was invited to go along to Writing Buddies in Southampton, where Penny Legg and other writers met. Writers? Was I even allowed? I was nervous about going, but I was invited so off I went. As they say, the rest is history. Penny and the group have been hugely encouraging, pushing me along and without them, who knows where I might have been? Once again, thank-you to all concerned.

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome, Donna. We all want to see you succeed so will help wherever we can! Best wishes, Penny

    ReplyDelete